Sunday, March 29, 2009


My newest story is the Very Hungry Caterpillar. I love this story as do my children. There are so many stories that I could have started with but I decided to go big or go home.

This story has 32 pieces and all and hand cut and have painting detail on them. Each piece of fruit is individual and have holes cut in them, to represent the caterpillar eating through them. The little egg on the leaf, is attached to guard against losing it. (I know that is a possibility from my own sons playing with it.)

The whole time I was making it, I was reciting the story out loud, just to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything. I have these available now. If you would like one, just leave a comment.

This felt story is to enhance the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. It is in no way endorsed by the author or publisher and is for personal use only.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I remember making a set like this when I worked in daycare. Kids love this sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete